HBOT delivers pure oxygen under increased atmospheric pressure in a Hyperbaric Chamber. While the patient is inside the chamber, it is pressurized with pure oxygen. The patient breathes normally while the system pressure is increased around them. The increased pressure and oxygen concentration supersaturate the blood and tissues with oxygen at the cellular level, which drastically enhances the body’s ability to heal.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) Benefits
Medical studies have shown that Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT), combined with standard medical and/or surgical care, offers patients with an extremely effective treatment option and outcome for various medical conditions.
Just to name a few, these benefits may include chronic wounds, collagen production, infection, traumatic brain injury and carbon monoxide poisoning. In addition, hyperbaric chamber therapy may improve decompression illness. Indeed, the health benefits and positive outcome of hyperbaric chamber treatments may include:
- Promoting wound healing
- Improving and repairing injury, by increasing oxygen delivery to damaged tissues
- Improving infection control
- Helping in new blood vessel formation from pre-existing vessels (angiogenesis)
- Nitric oxide release with migration to point of injury
- Reducing local swelling (edema)
- Increasing the production of collagen
- Stem cell release and migration to area of injury
- Improving perfusion (blood flow) to the affected area of the brain
- Decreasing markers of inflammation in the body and brain
- Reducing the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Reducing the effects of decompression illness; HBOT was first utilized medically for this condition
The hyperbaric chamber benefits the body and the brain by infusing them with increased levels of oxygen. As a result, idling or non-functioning brain neurons can be stimulated to return to a more normal function.
The benefits of decreasing edema and pain mean that the need for certain medications may also be minimized. Because of accelerated healing, patients will feel better, look better and will resume normal activity sooner.
HBOT delivers pure oxygen under increased atmospheric pressure in a hyperbaric chamber. While the patient is inside the hyperbaric chamber, it is pressurized with pure oxygen. The patient breathes normally, while the system pressure is increased around them. The increased pressure and oxygen concentration supersaturate the blood and tissues with oxygen at the cellular level, which drastically enhances the body’s ability to heal.
Schedule a Consultation
We invite you to schedule a consultation today at the RegenQuest Center for advanced hyperbaric therapy and medicine, wound care and supportive nutrition,
to regenerate your health.
We will work with your health insurance company
to make sure you receive the maximum benefit.